By the grace of God himself, Dayne has managed to stick with his diet and is nearly halfway to his goal weight! I didn’t doubt his motivation in the slightest, it was my cooking that was a concern. Our new tradition includes cooking together on Friday evenings, whether it be “healthy” or cheat day. Today at about 1PM he texted me with a very specific request: stuffed mushrooms. Of course I delivered and we had a cheat treat to celebrate!
- 16 oz. baby bella mushrooms, stems and innards removed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 c. shredded Italian cheese
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 green onions stalks, chopped
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Use a small spoon to remove the stems and innards of each mushroom. Do not rinse the mushrooms, just wipe off with paper towel. Place the mushrooms in a medium-sized casserole dish.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, egg, Panko, seasonings, shredded cheese, bacon, and green onions. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture into each mushrooms, mounded it slightly up in the center.
- Sprinkle each mushroom with parmesan cheese,
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is browned and the mushrooms are aldente.
Yields 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!