Here is yet another cauliflower substitute that will have you and your family loving vegetables!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. sweet onion, finely diced
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- Optional: 1/4 c. bacon bits
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- “Rice” cauliflower in food processor and transfer to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes until steamed to aldente.
- Stir in egg, bell pepper, onion, cheeses, breadcrumbs, (optional bacon bits) and nature’s seasoning until combined. Add more breadcrumbs if the mixture becomes too moist and the tots begin to fall apart.
- Use a circular Tablespoon to measure out the tots and create uniform shapes. Place the tots on the prepared pans about 1/2″ apart.
- Lightly salt and pepper the tops of the tots.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until browned and crispy.
Yields 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!