Our of pure boredom, Dayne and I decided to have a bake-off today. Our competition ended up being one of the more enjoyable “date night” activities! Here is my submission and it won!
- 3 (16 oz.) cans buttermilk biscuits, cut in half
- 12 oz. Hershey’s dark chocolate chips
- 3 bananas, cut into coins
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1.5 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and brown sugar. Allow to met and whisk until just combined. Remove from the heat and set to the side.
- Spray bundt pan with nonstick spray. Arrange about 10 banana coins into the bottom of the pan in a decorative design.
- Start assembly by flattening halved biscuits into round sections. Fill each round with 1 piece of banana and a pinch of chocolate chips (about 6-8), and a small smear of cream cheese (about 1 tsp. worth per ball). Fold the edges to create a seal and set to the side. Continue until all biscuits pieces are filled.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon. Roll all the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Gently arrange half the dough balls into bottom of the bundt pan, do not compact or push them down. Sprinkle about 1/4 c. chocolate chips over dough balls. Gently pour half of the butter/brown sugar mixture over the first layer.
- Arrange the last half of the dough balls. Sprinkle last of chocolate chips and pour over the remaining butter/brown sugar mixture.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least an hour. Once cooled, flip the bundt pan onto the lid of a large bowl that will fit the entire monkey bread mound. Give the top a few hits to ensure pieces fall from the pan.
- Enjoy! Best served warmed.
Yields 10-12 servings | Eat, Bork, & Be Merry! | Kate Lax-Watkins | © Just Borking Around