This recipe got a “check plus” from Momma! Ranch seasoning is literally my fairy dust in the kitchen. It adds alittle extra bite to meat that is simply beautiful. I also find that with “all-in-one” dishes like this one, we eat our veggies much more readily. It’s hard to pass up broccoli covered in ranch seasoning and chicken grease!! So maybe this recipe doesn’t fit into the “healthy light” category, but I was mulling over the idea of replacing completely or just partially substituting the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt. Or possibly using chicken breasts would lower the fat slightly? Its the thought that counts, right? All I know for certain, is the full-fat version is marvelous! Enjoy y’all.
- 2 c. mayonnaise (sub: plain green yogurt?)
- 2 packets Ranch seasoning
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.5 lb. baby red potatoes (low carb sub: cauliflower florets)
- 1 c. pearl onions
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 12 chicken thighs (only sold in packages of 6 at my store)
- Nature’s seasoning
- 1 c. Italian Panko breadcrumbs
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch seasoning, and cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- Cut potatoes in half, remove outer skin of onions, and trim broccoli into small bite size pieces, discarding the stalky stems. Add to a large (9×11 in.) glass baking dish (I feel like those large aluminum foil catering pans would’ve worked better). Spoon 3/4 of the ranch mixture over the veggies and toss until evenly coated.
- Place chicken thighs on top of the veggies and lightly dust with Nature’s seasoning. Add the remainder of the ranch mixture and then coat lightly with breadcrumbs. Lightly and carefully spray the top of the breadcrumbs to aid in browning.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Yields approximately 8 Whitaker servings (translates to 10 standard servings)
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!