Guilt could’ve been the determining factor for tonight’s dinner, but it’s hard to argue with this luxurious “healthy eating”. Just for the record, I did not choose “Season All” over my beloved cajun seasoning… Unfortunately the Tony Chachere’s was nowhere to be found.
- 5 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz. light cream cheese
- (2) 10 oz. packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 c. pepper jack shredded cheese
- 6-8 Tbsp. Nature’s Seasoning “Season All”or Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Flatten your chicken breasts down to a thin cutlet with a meat mallet (I opted to use my fists because I am not a “Pampered Chef”)
- Place the cream cheese in a small bowl and soften in the microwave. Add cheese and spinach to the bowl and stir to combine.
- The filling process is the most time-consuming (at least for the perfectionist in me). You might have to play around with the filling amount, but place a few generous spoonfuls of filling onto the center of the chicken cutlet. Pull the sides together and secure with toothpicks (don’t be shy, I used about 12 toothpicks on EACH chicken breast).
- Once your filling is safely secured inside, carefully dust all sides with the seasoning and place the breasts into a casserole dish with the opening facing upwards.
- Cover with foil (to preserve moisture) and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (this will depend on the thickness of your chicken).
- Obviously remove the toothpicks before eating. Enjoy!
Approximately 10 servings if large chicken breasts.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!