What better way to wish that special momma in your life a happy Mother’s Day than with a chocolate coma?? After all, it’s the very least I can do to repay the woman who has given me the world. Love you Momma!
- Devil’s Food Cake mix (15.25 oz.), prepared according to package instructions and will vary depending on cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. oil
- 16 oz. container chocolate frosting
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans (more if desired)
- 1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
- 24 oz. bottle of caramel syrup, divided
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Let cool for 10 minutes. Punch holes in top of cake using the handle of a wooden spoon (circular).
- Drizzle the caramel topping into the holes of the cake, reserving approximately 1/4 c. for the later. (Optional: Chill cake in the fridge for an hour before frosting.)
- Frost the cake with the chocolate frosting. Add nuts, chocolate chips, and drizzle with remaining caramel syrup.
- Can be refrigerated