Here is proof I am capable of cooking healthy recipes! After our marvelous lunch at Franklin St. Pizza Factory today, a lighter meal was much needed. Stromboli pizza is certainly not on the Whitaker diet plan, so a healthy meal cancels it out right?
- 12 oz. box bowtie noodles
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. reduced fat 2% milk
- 1/4 c. reserved pasta water
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- red pepper flakes
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven 400*.
- Coat each chicken breast with olive oil and sprinkle with Nature’s Seasoning. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. *Proceed to step 3* Flip the breasts over and bake for additional 15 minutes. Use a meat thermometer if available to ensure the meat is cooked through. Set to the side to cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Salt water and add in pasta. Toss chopped up asparagus during last 7 minutes (I chopped off a majority of the stalky portion of asparagus). Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest into a colander.
- In the same pot (should be empty with pasta and asparagus in colander), combine the cream cheese, milk, pasta water, parmesan cheese, and seasonings until smooth. The pasta water is the thin the sauce, add only what you need or desire.
- In a 9×11″ glass baking dish combine the pasta, asparagus, diced chicken, and pour the sauce over the top. Stir until everything is well coated. Top with mozzarella cheese and place under broiler until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.