This delightful summer recipe is perfect for those busy work nights. A creamy alfredo pesto sauce pairs wonderfully with crisp spinach leaves and home grown tomatoes; topped off with a crunchy Ritz cracker topping. Quote of the night from my poppa, “Mmmmm tastes like seconds.”
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 8 oz. bowtie noodles
- 2 c. fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 jar light Alfredo sauce
- 4 oz. jar basil pesto
- 2 c. Italian shredded cheese
- 2 sleeves of Ritz crackers
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400* and prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a 9×13″ baking dish, combine the pasta, chicken, shredded cheese, tomatoes, pesto, Alfredo sauce, spinach and mix until everything is coated.
- In a gallon sized Ziploc bag, empty two sleeves of Ritz crackers. Seal the bag and crush into crumbs. Add in parmesan and melted butter. Reseal and toss until everything is coated. Pour of top of casserole.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the cracker crust is slightly browned and the casserole is nice and bubbly.
Yields approximately 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!