Goulash is typically not a very eye pleasing dish; but where it lacks in visual elegance, it makes up for in taste! Just imagine a zesty chili with noodles! Perfect for cold winter evenings and very hearty. Poppa requests this recipe be accompanied with bread for next time
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1.5 c. water
- 1/2 c. beef broth
- 1/3 c. + 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 30 oz. jar tomato sauce
- 30 oz. jar petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Adobo Sazon seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large 6 quart stew pot, heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Brown the beef until about halfway cooked. Add in the diced onions, minced garlic, and olive oil and continue cooking until meat is fully cooked.
- Add the water, beef broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, pepper, and adobo seasoning. Stir well. Set the way leaves on top of the mixture and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium-low and summer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the uncooked pasta and cook for an additional 30 minutes, stirring a few times to disperse the pasta.
- Once pasta is tender, fish out the bay leaves and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese. Allow to simmer until cheese melts.
- Serve the goulash with shredded mozzarella on top.
Yields approximately 10 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!