Let’s all take a moment to acknowledge the fact that I cooked a legitimately healthy meal that was welcomed on my family’s dinner table! The trick to healthy cooking is spices and seasonings. When you lack the savory flavors of real butter and grease, it can be a tremendous task to season without creating an unhealthy sodium-packed meal in its place. This foil packet meal has the perfect balance of healthy ingredients and delightful light flavors that won’t leave you with a feeling of regret.
- 4 (6-7 0z.) portions of salmon (no skin)
- 2 bunches of fresh asparagus (about 1 lb.)
- 4 Tbsp. light margarine, room temp
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp. grated parmesan
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- about 2 Tbsp. Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Salmon Seasoning
- nonstick cooking spray, aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375* and prepare 4 pieces of foil about a foot in length, spraying each section lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide the asparagus spears into four equal portions and lay in a single layer on each prepared piece of foil. Place a portion of salmon onto each bed of asparagus. Sprinkle with Salmon Seasoning.
- In small bowl, combine the light margarine, minced garlic, grated parmesan, and lemon juice. Spoon evenly over each seasoned salmon filet.
- Tightly seal the foil packet on all sides by folding the edges in repeatedly and pressing firmly. Transfer to a cookie sheet and bake for approximately 35 minutes.
Yields 4 individual packets.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!