Tackling that Asian cuisine craving, low-carb style! Pairs wonderfully with homemade Yum Yum Sauce!
- 2 lbs. ground sausage (I used Jenny-O turkey sausage)
- 2 bags dry coleslaw cabbage mixture
- 1/4 c. sesame oil
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. sugar
- green onions, chopped
- Heat about 2 Tbsp. of sesame oil in a large wok over medium high heat. Add in the ground sausage and cook until browned. Drain and place the sausage into a separate bowl.
- Pour another couple of Tablespoons of sesame oil into the wok and allow to heat up. Add in one bag of coleslaw cabbage. Toss until all the cabbage is lightly coated in oil and continue to cook until the cabbage begins to slightly wilt (we don’t want soggy, but rather aldente) about 6 minutes. Add in the soy sauce a little at a time until the desired saltiness is reached.
- Pour the cabbage into the bowl with the sausage and repeat the process with the second bag of cabbage, replenishing the oil before starting. Once the second batch is finished, dump the first batch of cabbage and the sausage back into the wok. Season with garlic powder, ginger, and soy sauce. Stir until well mixed and continue to cook until cabbage reaches desired consistency.
Yields 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!