So simple, yet so flavorful!! Plus another excuse to buy these bomb@$$ flatbreads I hoard from Schnucks. Sorry Westside, I am the reason you have no yummy flatbreads. I originally found this recipe made with the infamous cardboard plates (Flatout Tortillas), but we weren’t having any of that. I hate my limits, and eating cardboard is not worth it! There are infinite possibilities with the flatbreads too. I was thinking about making a chicken bacon and Alfredo flatbread pizza, or maybe go original with some classic marinara and pepperonis!
- 8 count of flatbreads
- 3 c. Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ of choice, divided
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 chicken breasts
- Half of a red onion cut into slivers
- bundle of cilantro
- olive oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Brush both sides of chicken breasts with olive oil and lightly season with Nature’s Seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes and then flip and bake another 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Shred and mix with 1 cup of the BBQ sauce.
- Use a potato peeler and shred small slivers of red onion. Set to the side for assembly section.
- Spray an aluminum foil lined baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and arrange flatbreads in single layer. Spoon about a tablespoon or so of BBQ sauce onto each flatbread. Sprinkle a small amount of mozzarella cheese on top and then add the BBQ chicken. Disperse a few slivers of red onion, then the cheddar cheese and top with cilantro.
- Bump the heat up to 400* and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble and the flatbread has a nice crisp around the edges.
Yields 8 individual pizzas, so that translates to 4 Whitaker helpings… Because you can’t have just one.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!