The inspiration recipe for this pie called for an excessive amount of peppermint extract, so now it is both dessert and our mouthwash for the evening. I have fixed this in the recipe below to make a weaker mint flavor, one that will not cause your eyes bug like the folks in the York Peppermint Pattie commercials.
- 1 (9 in.) Oreo pie crust
- 8 oz. light whipped topping
- Sugar Free Fat Free Cheesecake instant pudding (1 oz. net)
- Sugar Free Fat Free White Chocolate instant pudding mix (1 oz. net)
- 2 c. milk
- 5 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 c. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 4-5 oreos, crushed to pieces
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the milk and pudding mixes together. Once thickening begins, add in the whipped topping, food coloring, peppermint extract, and mini chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared crust and level with a spatula. To with crumbled Oreos and a few more mini chocolate chips.
- Cover with the plastic lid and chill in the freezer for about an hour until set and hard enough to slice.
Yields 8 slices, or 4 in the Whitaker household.