I have made the executive decision that these flatbread pizzas will be a weekly routine. There are countless variations and they are beyond fabulous; so enjoy yet another personal pizza recipe! More to come in the future!
Brain Storming Pizza Ideas:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch – ranch as the base of course
- Ham and Pineapple
- Philly Cheesesteak – sirloin strips, creamy garlic white sauce, green bell pepper, onions, mushrooms
- Casey’s General Store Copycat – gravy for “sauce”, bacon bits/breakfast sausagge, scrambled eggs, sharp cheddar
- Buffalo Chicken – Frank’s, Ranch
- Jalapeno Popper
- Chicken Caesar
- Sloppy Joe?
- 10 Greek style flatbreads
- 2 lbs. (6 count) chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 oz. light Alfredo sauce
- 2.8 oz. bacon pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced into slivers
- handful of spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- nonstick spray
- Preheat oven to 400*. Line baking pans with aluminum foil for easy clean-up and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread slightly more than an tablespoon of Alfredo sauce onto the flatbreads (too much will result in the sauce running over the sides). I opted to salt and pepper the sauce lightly since it is a reduced fat Alfredo. Place a small amount of shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1/4 c. over the sauce which creates a sticky barrier to hold the ingredients on).
- Arrange desired amount of red onion, spinach leaves, chicken, and bacon. Top with more shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the cheese is gooey and the flatbread begins to toast.
Yields 10 individual pizzas.