“Healthy” and “Double Chocolate” in the same sentence?? Seems like some sick joke right? Wrong. Healthy in the sense that there is no butter, no flour, and minimal sugar. The secret to a moist, yet firm cupcake without these main ingredients comes in the form of bananas and Greek yogurt! The frosting (which makes them unhealthy) is completely optional, they are marvelous alone.
- 1 c. plain (or vanilla) Greek yogurt
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 c. unsweetened Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 c. white chocolate morsels
- Baking cups
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Optional: whipped frosting of your choice, sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400*. Place the baking cups in a muffin tin and spray liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients down to and including the baking soda. Mix together and transfer to the food processor (due to the size of my processor, I have to do two separate rounds). Pulse until smooth and then pour back into the original bowl. Mix in chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the mixture into each baking cup until 3/4 full. Top with a few white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool before frosting and decorating.
Yields approximately 12 muffins.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!