This is yet another recipe that has spoiled my family even further. Why have plain spaghetti when you can add greasy pepperonis, let the noodles flirt with creamy ricotta cheese, and then bake it with twice as much cheese on top??
- 2 lbs. (2 rolls) Jennie-O Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 16 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1.5 c. shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 28 oz. Prego Pesto Mariana
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 6 oz. bag turkey pepperonis
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- While water is coming to boil for noodles, brown turkey sausage. Once cooked through, add in Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Stir in marinara sauce until combined.
- Cook pasta noodles in salted water until aldente (they will continue to cook in the oven later). Drain pasta, return to pan, and place to the side.
- In a separate bowl, combine the container of ricotta cheese, egg, 1 c. shredded parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and Nature’s Seasoning. Add to cooked noodle and stir until incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour noodle into the bottom. Add the marinara meat mixture on top.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and remaining 1/2 c. parmesan cheese on top. Arrange turkey pepperonis on top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly and pepperonis are crisp.
Yields approximately 10 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!