Quote of the night from my Poppa, “These are actually better than Cinnabon…” So maybe the picture looks like a giant pile of cinnamon poo… but believe me when I say it was incredible and better than any cinnamon roll I’ve ever eaten!
- Roll of refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp. of salted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Soften the butter slightly in the microwave using low power option. Combine with sugars and cinnamon until paste is formed.
- On a clean surface, roll out the pizza crust into a rectangular shape. Smear the cinnamon butter mixture evenly onto the crust.
- Start at one end and begin to the roll the dough into a log with the cinnamon butter layer on the inside.
- Slice the log into two equal halves.
- Now the next cut will be slitting the log down the length.
- Now with each of the four sections, carefully twist the dough so that the cinnamon butter is exposed in rings around the dough. Form into a swirl design onto the baking sheets by starting with a section in the middle and wrapping the dough around itself in a circle.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until the the edges begin to brown slightly.
Yields 4 rolls.