If you happen to share a recipe to my Facebook page, odds are I will actually make it. Dayne posted this recipe onto my page last week and of course I wanted to surprise him by cooking it for lunch Friday afternoon. It was so marvelous that I decided to make it again for my family tonight. I decided to change it up a bit and shredded the chicken to be served over baked potatoes!
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- 1½ tsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 c. onion, finely diced
- 6 medium Jalapeños, seeds and membranes removed, finely diced
- 1½ c. chicken broth
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: baked potato
- Heat 3 Tbsp. of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine all the seasonings. Sprinkle onto both sides of the chicken breasts evenly.
- Add to pan and sear for 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Remove chicken breasts from the skillet to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. (They will finish cooking later.)
- Add diced onion and jalapeño into the chicken oil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, until softened (I cook in the used oil because the seasonings that fell off the chicken are transferred to the onions and jalapeños).
- Add chicken broth and cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese and stir until melted and mixture is simmering.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet, along with any accumulated juices, and turn to coat in the cheese sauce.
- Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 7-9 minutes, until chicken is cooked through (It will depend on how thick your chicken breasts are).
- Serve chicken breasts with extra sauce spooned over the top.
Yields approximately 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!