This recipe is intended to be Crack Chicken Sandwiches, but I opted to add even more cheese and make quesadillas! The Crock Pot portion of this recipe can be placed on buns to simplify the recipe. Salty cheesy goodness that is literally like… well crack. A lower carb option could include lettuce leaves instead of bread!
- 5 large chicken breasts
- 1 packet of Ranch dressing seasoning
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1 c. mayonnaise (optional)
- 3 c. shredded Colby jack cheese
- 7 oz. package bacon pieces
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions
- olive oil for pan
- 8″ tortillas
- To the crock pot, lay chicken breasts in an even layer along the bottom. Sprinkle the Ranch dressing packet over the chicken breasts and evenly disperse the cubed cream cheese. Dollop mayonnaise onto each breasts and add in 2 cups of shredded cheese (reserve 1 cup for the quesadillas), bacon, and green onions.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hours. Once cooking time has elapsed, shred chicken and mixed thoroughly. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- For Quesadillas, heat a frying pan with splash of olive oil over medium high heat. Once oil begins to slightly ripple in pan, add in one tortilla. Sprinkle about 1/8 c. or less cheese evenly to cover a majority of the surface (there is already gobs of cheese in the chicken, this is just the glue layer to hold the quesadilla together – you may not even need the cheese). Spread about 1/4 c. of crockpot chicken mixture onto only one half of the tortilla. After approximately 3-5 minutes, fold the empty side of the tortilla onto the top of the mixture side. Continue to flip if desired brown color has not been achieved. Replenish splash of olive oil after every 1 or 2 quesadillas.
Yields approximately 10 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!