“I thought we were on a diet, this does not look like diet food.” -Momma
Okay so maybe it isn’t “diet food.” I hear this saying above quite frequently… especially tonight when my mom peeked into the kitchen while I was deep frying chicken cutlets. My excuse: we are going to the gym later. So technically it never even happened right? Just cancels right out. Rewards have been earned this week after successfully completing my last three process evaluations for semester one dental clinic.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 c. vegetable oil
- 2 c. Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 c. flour
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 15 oz. tub part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 24 oz. marinara
- 10 lasagna noodles
- 2 c. mozzarella cheese
- 2 c. grated parmesan
- Pour oil into a large iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Prepare three shallow dishes: first with flour, second with 3 whisked eggs, and third with breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, basil, and Nature’s Seasoning.
- Filet each chicken breasts into 2 equal cutlets and pound thin. Dredge cutlets into flour mixture, then into egg mixtures, and finally into breadcrumb mixture. Press breadcrumbs firmly onto chicken surfaces. Place cutlets into hot oil and allow each side to lightly brown (approximately 3 minutes on each side). Lay onto plate lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, one egg, garlic salt, and 1/2 c. parmesan cheese.
- Spray a 9×13″ baking pan with non stick cooking spray. Pour 1/3 of the marinara sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Lay 5 lasagna noodles in a single layer down. Smear 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture onto noodles. Place 4 fried chicken cutlets onto top of ricotta layer. Top with 1/3 of mozzarella and 1/3 of remaining parmesan. Repeat layer again. Ending with a third layer of marinara and remaining cheese on top. Ensure all noodle surfaces of final layer are covered with marinara.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover with foil and allow to bake an additional 10 minutes of until cheese is slightly browned..
Yields approximately 10 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!
2 thoughts on “Chicken Parmesan Lasagna”
Loved the recipe 🙂
Thank you!! I’m glad someone else could enjoy it as much as I did! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person