The entertaining aspect of copycat recipes is that they are usually intended for families to recreate a restaurant favorite in the comforts of home. Although in this case, there is nothing for us to compare the dish to since the original has never been ordered. I honestly cannot imagine any part of this dish being better than what came out my oven, so I consider it an A+ copycat recipe!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- Seasoned salt
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1 c. O’Charley’s Honey Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
- 16 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 2 c. shredded Colby jack cheese
- Kitchen Items: Gallon-sized Ziplock bag, 9×13″ glass baking dish, large skillet (cast iron preferred), non-stick cooking spray, aluminum foil
- Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with seasoned salt and place into a gallon-sized Ziplock bag. Refrigerate while moving onto next step.
- Fry bacon until crispy over medium-high heat in the large cast iron skillet. Shake off excess grease into pan and drain bacon on a paper towel lined plate. Crumble bacon into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350* and spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In batches, fry the chicken breasts in the bacon grease for approximately 4 minutes on each side until browned (cooking will be completed in the oven). Place the chicken breast in the prepared glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle dried onion flakes evenly over the chicken breasts. Dollop the honey mustard over the chicken breasts and spread over all surfaces. Disperse the mushrooms and bacon over the chicken and top with shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake or approximately 30 minutes (this could be a shorter amount of time if small breasts). Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes until the cheese turns a golden brown.
Yields approximately 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!
One thought on “Alice Springs Chicken”
Just pinned this – it looks delicious and decadent! Whats not to love – chicken, bacon, cheese, honey mustard – oh my!!
LikeLiked by 1 person