A country classic with a few time-saving cheats! Unfortunately I am bias to the classic crust versus the crescent rolls, but it sure is alot less effort. I would also add in some celery on the second go-around.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 12 oz. frozen veggie medley (peas, carrots, corn, and green beans), thawed and drained of liquid
- 28 oz. package frozen Potatoes O’Brien, thawed and drained of liquid
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 family size (22.6 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 250* and spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press one sheet of crescents rolls into the bottom of the baking dish and press seems together. Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes. While baking start on filling.
- In a large electric skillet or dutch oven, heat the oil over high heat. Toss in the thawed potatoes and veggies and brown the taters. Turn off the heat and add in the water, condensed soup, and seasonings. Add to the cooled first layer of baked crescent.
- On a clean surface using a rolling pin, gently press the seams of the second sheet of crescent rolls and flatten to cover the contents of the baking dish. Lay the dough on top of the filling and fold the sides down along the edges.
- Return to the oven for about 25-30 minutes until the top is a golden brown.
Yields approximately 10 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!