So this recipe may not bring home the medal for appetizing looks, but the flavors are superb! The nutty flavor of pesto pairs so wonderfully with crispy fried bacon and then topped off with a homemade creamy Alfredo sauce.
- 10 bacon strips, cut into 1 inch sections
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed into bite-size pieces
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 onions, diced
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 5 oz. bag of spinach
- 5 c. milk
- 1 lb. mini bowtie noodles
- 1/2 c. pesto
- 1 c. parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large 4 quart pot, brown the bacon until crispy. Add in the chicken pieces, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until no longer pink in the center. Remove just the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add in the onion and minced garlic. Cook until onions are caramelized and then add in the spinach. Once wilted, add the milk and bring to a boil. Pour in the box of pasta, cover with a lid and allow to boil for approximately 9-10 minutes or until the bowties are soft.
- Add the chicken back into the pot along with the parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and pesto. Stir to combine.
Yields approximately 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!