I have made countless copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit recipes in my day, but this rendition is the most accurate thus far. I am convinced that the chain’s biscuits are made with some sort of seafood infused butter or maybe just crack cocaine – one of the two choices. Regardless, I will continue my search for THE perfect copycat recipe.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. salted butter, melted
- 1.5 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450* and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the stick of melted butter with the buttermilk. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredient bowl. Gently fold the two together until just barely moist. Do not over-mix! Fold in the cheese until barely incorporated.
- Use a 1/4 c. measuring cup to make uniform biscuits and place onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for approximately 10 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl, combine the 3 Tablespoons of butter, fresh parsley, and garlic powder. Use a basting brush to spread over the tops of the biscuits. Return back to the oven and bake for approximately 5 minutes or until biscuit tops are the desired color of brown.
Yields approximately 10 biscuits.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!
2 thoughts on “Cheddar Bay Biscuits”
I think you’ve hit on it! They put crack in their biscuits which is why we have to keep going back to get more! I’m going to try this version because I don’t know any crack dealers!