Extremely pleased with how well this veggie swap turned out! Momma has now requested we have this on the meal schedule every week, and how can I argue with that – healthy, flavorful, and relatively easy. I honestly don’t miss the rice!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 14. 4 oz. package frozen stir-fry veggies, thawed and drained of moisture
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c. green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. soy sauce (or less, depending on your salt preference)
- Break off pieces of cauliflower and add to food processor with grater attachment. As the name suggest, we want the cauliflower to be broken down to the size of rice. Place in a large bowl and set to the side.
- In a small bowl, combine the 4 eggs and 2 tsp. sesame oil. Whisk.
- Heat the 2 Tbsp. of sesame oil in a wok over medium high heat. Once it starts to pop and crack, add the stir-fry veggies in. Toss the veggies in the oil and cook until veggies begin to crisp. Push the veggies to the side of the wok and add in the eggs. Scramble until almost cooked and mix in with veggies.
- Add the riced cauliflower and stir until everything is evenly mixed. Allow to cook for approximately 8 minutes until the cauliflower softens. Add in the soy sauce and toss.
Yields approximately 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!
2 thoughts on “Cauliflower Fried Rice”