I promise there is lettuce hidden under all those toppings! This salad is definitely lacking Hacienda’s buttermilk Southwest ranch (which I could probably drink straight) and those oil-soaked croutons that always disappear first out of the bowl; but overall, I believe i captured the essence of a well-built fajita salad. Even better, it is a healthier version!
The recipe below is to use up the entire Fajita recipe on one meal and make 8 salads. Tonight I opted to make the entire Sheet Pan Fajitas Recipe, but only made 4 salads. Tomorrow we will have the remaining fajitas as they were intended to be: wrapped up in tortillas.
- Sheet Pan Fajitas Recipe
- optional: 2 c. Mexican shredded cheese
- 11 oz. can whole kernel corn
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3.5 oz. bag tri-color tortilla strips
- 4.5 oz. bag croutons
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Southwest Light Ranch
- 2 (10 oz.) bags Romaine mix
- 5 oz. bag Spring Mix greens
- Layer ingredients into individual bowls in this order starting from bottom:
- romaine and spring mix
- corn and beans
- fajitas and cheese
- croutons and tortilla strips
- And finally, drizzle dressing on top!
Yields approximately 8 large salads.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!
One thought on “Copycat Hacienda Fajita Salads”
Oh man. This looks sooooo good.
LikeLiked by 1 person