Happy National Margarita Day y’all! Since apparently it is frowned upon to have JUST margaritas for dinner (sad face), I decided to have a simple Mexican themed night. On the menu tonight: turkey tacos, this delightful Cauliflower Spanish “Rice”, and of course some Jose Cuervo Golden! Yet another healthy substitution recipe in which the carbs are not missed!!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. sweet onion, diced
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt (plus more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- fresh cilantro
- Trim cauliflower away from the steam. Cut into small enough pieces to fit into food processor. Grate until the pieces resemble grains of rice. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high. Add onion and sauté until translucent (about 3 minutes). Add minced garlic and sauté until aromatic. Sprinkle cumin and salt over onions and add in the riced cauliflower. Stir until well mixed.
- Add in tomato pasta and chicken broth. Continue to stir until the paste dissolves and the mixture is just slightly dry. If too dry add in more chicken brother; if too moist, allow to simmer until liquid cooks off.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with cilantro.
Yields approximately 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!