One of my favorite kitchen adventures involves trying to replicate famous dishes from restaurants in the comfort of my own home. This recipe is based on the ever popular “Chicken on the Beach” at Los Bravos Mexican Restaurant. Since this dish made its debut in Evansville, there are now many other options like “Pork on the Beach” and “Fajitas on the Beach”. Even restaurants like Hacienda have added it to there menu to supply the tri-state’s cravings. I’ve been making this recipe for over a year now, but just now found the opportunity to post my at-home attempt. This recipe definitely needs a homemade Spanish rice versus the store bought bag rice, so hopefully I will find an authentic recipe to spruce up this incredibly flavorful and easy meal!
- 1 recipe Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 16 oz. Gordo’s Cheese Dip (refrigerated – near the sour cream in Schnucks)
- 2 (5.6 oz.) packages Knorr Fiesta Sides Rice (Mexican, Spanish, or one or each
- Prepare Sheet Pan Fajita recipe and while they are baking, make rice according to package directions.
- Assemble by spooning out rice in a flat layer, top with fajitas, and drizzle with queso cheese.
Yields 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!