Fridays in Lent = no meat. You won’t see the Whitaker family suffering… this vegetarian recipe was quite impressive for lacking such an integral part of our carnivorous diet. This recipe could easily be modified to include grilled chicken! Best served with a simple romaine salad topped with cheese, croutons, and Olive Garden brand Italian dressing!
- 14.1 oz. roll of Wewalka classic crust pizza dough
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1.5 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray a 15×10″ cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spread pizza dough too all corners of the pan. Use a fork and poke about 10 times through the dough. Brush with olive oil until covered completely. Bake for about 10 minutes. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, garlic salt, and basil. Toss until mixed.
- In small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and garlic powder.
- Raise oven temperature to 450*.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly onto pizza crust. Sprinkle cheese on top. Add tomato mixture. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Bake for about 5-7 minutes, watching the sides of the crust to prevent burning.
- Slice and enjoy!
Yields 8 slices.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!