So incredibly delicious and easy! This would be an excellent idea for a party!
- 2-3 lb. beef roast
- 1 packet zesty Italian dressing seasoning
- 1/4 c. pepperoncinis + 1/4 c. juice
- 1 c. beef broth
- french loaf
- sliced provolone cheese
- Place beef roast into the slow cooker. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and pepperoncinis. Pour pepper juice and beef broth around the roast. Cook on low for about 8 hours or until the meat falls apart.
- Turn the oven broiler on.
- Carefully remove the roast (letting the juices drain first) and set onto a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the meat.
- Cut french bread in half and down the center to create a sandwich bun. Put the meat down first. Fold the cheese in half and place evenly on top of the meat. Place under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly.
- Optional: garnish with additional peppers.
- Spoon out some of the liquid in the bottom of the slow cooker into a bowl. Dip the sandwich into the juices as it is eaten!
Yields approximately 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!