After some experimentation, I believe this recipe is chicken philly perfection! All it needed was some beer!
- 8 (about 3 lbs.) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 c. Dale’s Steak Marinade
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 packet Italian Dressing Seasoning
- 12 oz. can Bud Light
- 8 slices muenster cheese
- 8 hoagie rolls
- Marinade the chicken thighs with Dale’s in a large Ziploc bag for about 10 minutes.
- Place the onions and pepper in the bottom of slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning packet. Pour marinade and chicken thighs on top. Empty beer can contents over ingredients. Gently stir everything together.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Drain most of the liquid off.
- Turn on broiler.
- Open up bun and fill with chicken mixture. Fold a piece of cheese in half and separate into two pieces. Place along length of sandwich. Broil on a cookie sheet for approximately 3-4 minutes, WATCH CAREFULLY! Look for browned cheese and lightly toasted bread.
Yields approximately 8 sandwiches.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!