The picture above is missing the mounds of lettuce that the recipe calls for – I couldn’t cover up that beautiful color for the picture! The original recipe had some ratio issues. For example, I would not use that massive 31 oz. can of refried beans, a 16 oz. can will do perfectly fine. And the sauce makes quite a bit. I ended up doubling this recipe without doubling the sauce, and I only used half of the sauce.
- 14.1 oz. package Wewalka refrigerated pizza dough
- 16 oz. can refried beans
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. taco sauce
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 c. Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1-1.5 c. shredded lettuce
- optional: ranch dressing
Special Sauce (aka Mexican Tzatziki)
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven the 375*. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the pizza dough onto the pan all the way to the edges. Bake the dough for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven.
- While dough is baking, Mix all the special sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Mix the chicken with the taco sauce in another small bowl.
- Scoop beans into a large microwave-safe mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Microwave refried beans for about 1 minute. Stir well and spread onto the pre-baked crust (I did not use all of these beans, I put the rest in a small casserole dish and baked them with cheese on top. Top with chicken. Drizzle special sauce (didn’t use all of this either) over the chicken. Sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Return to oven for about 7-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Spread shredded lettuce on top.
- Optional: drizzle top with ranch.
Yields 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!