It looks like mashed potatoes doesn’t it? Let’s keep the kids thinking that, because they will want seconds! I figured this recipe needed to stand alone since I recommend it with so many of my other dishes! So here is the side to rule them all!! You won’t even miss the starchy carbohydrate-loaded potatoes!
- 2 small heads of cauliflower
- 8 oz. chive cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp. butter, cubed
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Fill a large 8 quart pot almost to the brim with fresh cauliflower florets. Fill water until it reaches 3/4 up the side of the pot (the cauliflower that is not under water will be steamed). Cover with a lid and allow to cook over medium high heat while the water boils. If the water begins to escape, crack the lid slightly or turn down the heat. Cooking time with vary, mine usually takes about 20 minutes until the cauliflower is fork tender. Remove from heat.
- Drain the water from the pot. Add in the butter and cream cheese. Use a hand mixer to begin mashing the cauliflower and use a low setting to cream the mixture together. Add in the seasonings and continue to mix. Finally add in the cheese and stir to incorporate (the cheese thickens the consistency – if the mixture is still too runny, add more cheese to bind together).
Yields 10 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!