The possibilities are endless with this quick and easy breakfast recipe! Other toppings can include crumbled bacon, turkey sausage, strawberries, nuts, peanut butter, or even heavenly Nutella. So many different options!! I am attempting to make these in bulk and heat them up through the week. I will update on how well these last and reheat!
- 2 c. baking mix
- 2 c. milk **These are all subject to change depending on the mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 c. maple syrup + more for serving
- 1 lb. maple flavored ground sausage
- 1/4 c. blueberries, cut in half
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400*. Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium high heat until cooked through. Break into small pieces. Turn heat off.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the baking mix, milk, eggs, vanilla, and 1 cup of maple syrup. Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- I made three different varieties, with sausage being the predominant type. The pound of sausage made about 48 bites. And then the rest of the batter was divided between chocolate chips and blueberry.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top becomes a light brown color.
- Serve warm with syrup.
Yields about 5.5 dozen.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!