It’s hard to go wrong with plain pepperoni pizza…. but here in the Whitaker household, our pizza ventures out further. Even this simple meat swap brings in enormous flavor! Next time I plan on making a garlic butter to brush onto the outside crust of the pizza before it bakes!
- 2 (14.1 oz.) packages Wewalka Family Style Classic pizza crust
- 1/2 c. Muir Glen Basil marinara
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 25 oz. package breaded chicken tenders, baked according to directions and roughly chopped
- 2 c. shredded Italian cheese blend
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400*. Spray two 17×11″ cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll each package of pizza dough and spread out onto the baking sheets. Work the edges up all the sides.
- Add about 1/4 c. or more of marinara to each crust. Arrange 6 slices onto each pizza. Disperse the chopped breaded chicken between the two pizza. Top each pizza with about 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese is bubbly
- Cut into 8 squares. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Yields 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!