This recipe may or may not have been found after I was weighed at my annual physical. Time to get serious… y’all will be seeing some healthier fare in the coming weeks. It may not sound or look as appetizing as Pistachio Cake and Buffalo Chicken Pizza, but what I find may surprise you!
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 c. milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 – 1/4 large sweet onion (mine are ginormous), diced fine
- 1 c. spinach, chopped into thin strips
- 1 c. Cojita cheese (this is part-skim), grated finely
- 2.8 oz. bag bacon pieces (not bits)
- Preheat oven to 350* . Spray a muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- This next part may get confusing so hang in there. Since I cannot adequately pour from a bowl into muffin cups… I use a funnel and pour my egg mixture into a empty and cleaned Powerade bottle. I then poured the egg mixture from the Powerade bottle into my muffin tin. This allows alittle more control. Fill about 1/2 the cup with the egg mixture.
- Disperse the chopped onion, tomatoes, bacon, Cojita cheese, and spinach evenly into each egg cup. Take a small spoon and gently stir each “muffin”.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- *Disclaimer* These will deflate after they cool!
Yields 12-16 “muffins”.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!