This was supposed to be a 4th of July themed cookie cake with red and blue colored M&Ms, as well as, patriotic sprinkles. Although Schnucks had absolutely no blue colored sprinkles and the red sprinkles were peppermint (yuck)! I too busy yesterday with party festivities, so I opted to bake the cookie cake today and include other colors of M&M’s. Plus there is enough icing left over that I can have iced graham crackers the rest of the week! SCORE!
- 17.5 oz. Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix
- 1/2 c. butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 c. M&M candies + more for decoration
- 1/2 (16 oz.) container Pillsbury Buttercream icing
- Supplies: nonstick cooking spray, 9″ cake pan, piping bag and 2D star tip, mixing bowl, mixing spoon
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray the cake pan with a generous amount of nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, egg, cookie mix, and flour. Combine until smooth. Gently mix in the 1/2 c. M&M’s. Spoon into the prepared cake pan and level the top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Watch the top very carefully because it may brown quicker than the center can bake. But no fear, the center will set up even if it isn’t completely done (IT’S BETTER GOOEY!)
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack until no longer warm. Use a butter knife to gently trace the edges of the pan and loosen the cookie. Flip upside down to separate the cookie from the pan.
- Put decorating dip at the narrow end of the piping bag and snip the end. Add in icing and pipe stars around the border of the cookie cake. Top each star with an M&M.
Yields 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Happy!