- 1.5 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 Tbsp. Emeril’s Essence seasoning
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil for searing
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. onions, diced
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 c. mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp. Emeril’s Essence seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1.5 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all the meatball ingredients, but NOT the chicken or olive oil yet. Once these ingredients are mixed, gently add the chicken until just barely combined, do not over mix.
- Use about 1.5 Tbsp. of mixture to make each meatball, this should yield about 18-20 meatballs.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the meatballs to the skillet but do not overcrowd the pan. Cook in batches. Sear the meatballs for 4-5 minutes minutes, flipping to brown all sides evenly. Replenish oil as needed. They do not need to be cooked completely through just yet. Set meatballs on a plate off to the side when done.
- For the sauce, add 2 Tbsp. olive oil to the pan along with garlic and onions. Sauté for 2 minutes or until the onions become translucent. Add the peppers and mushrooms and continue to cook until they become soft.
- Sprinkle the flour and the Emeril’s Essence over the veggies and stir to coat evenly. Continue to cook until the flour deepens in color.
- Stir the mixture as you pour in the chicken broth. Lower the heat, whisk in the sour cream until it dissolves completely. Allow sauce to come back to a gentle simmer before lowered the heat and letting the sauce thicken, about 6-12 minutes. When the sauce is halfway there, add the chicken meatballs and let cook for 5 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and have time to simmer in the sauce.
- These meatballs can be served over noodle, rice, or mashed potatoes!
Yields 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!