- 1.5 lbs. ground turkey
- 2/3 c. matchstick carrots
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 red onion, diced fine
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. real bacon bits (they make turkey)
- 1 Tbsp. Frank’s RedHot
- 1 egg white
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- 4 oz. block pepper jack cheese, diced into small cubes
- about 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all of the burger ingredients excluding the bun, olive oil, and slaw. Mix well with your hands until thoroughly combined. Portion out about 4-5 sections of the meat mixture and form into patties.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Place the patties into the skillet and do not disturb for about 4 minutes (this forms a nice brown crust).
- Flip the patties over and cover the skillet with a lid to finish the cooking process. Once cooked through, remove from the pan and set aside. Work in batches and try not to overcrowd. Replenish olive oil as needed between batches.
- Burgers can be served on a traditional bun with your favorite slaw, inside a large lettuce leaf with fresh tomatoes, or devoured before they even reach the table which is popular in our household!
Yields 4-5 burgers.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!