- Original Saltine Crackers (about 1 sleeve, depends on pan)
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks)
- 1 c. light brown sugar
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. Heath bar candy pieces (I did half with and half without)
- Optional: white chocolate for drizzle and Christmas themed sprinkles
- Other: nonstick spray, aluminum foil
- Line a 9×13″ cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spray liberally with nonstick cooking spray (this step is vital to retrieve your goodies).
- Arrange the crackers precisely so that the entire pan is full and barely any gaps are present. This may require breaking crackers in half.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, add in the butter and brown sugar. Use a strong spatula to gently stir the mixture as the butter melts.
- Heat until it begins to boil and then allow to boil lightly while constantly stirring for approximately 3 minutes. Pour this mixture evenly over the prepared crackers and use the spatula to gently spread to all the edges.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Allow to rest for about 1 minute and then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Let rest for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to soften and use the spatula to gently spread the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still semi-liquid, add the heath pieces and sprinkles. White chocolate drizzle is also a wonderful addition.
- Place in the freezer for a minimum of 20 minutes until the toffee has hardened. Remove the foil and use your hands to bread the bark into pieces.
- Finally, hide the bark from all family members and pray that somehow you find the strength to stop eating this legal form of crack cocaine.
Yields 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Merry Christmas!