So back to my statement about eating lighter for Super Bowl. Disregard that previous comment for a moment because this recipe is FAR from “light”. But spinach is healthy right?
- 8 oz. raw spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- thick cut bacon, fried and crumbled
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 16 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- Chips for dipping
- In a large electric skillet, set the temperature to 400* or high heat. Add olive oil and allow to warm.
- Toss in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt down. Add to a small crockpot.
- Wipe the skillet out and fry bacon. Drain on a paper towel-lines plate and crumble into slow cooker when cooler.
- Add the remaining ingredients and secure the lid.
- Cook on low for 1 1/2 hours. String occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Yields 8 servings
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!