When I hear the word Super Bowl, football is that last thing on my mind. Instead, my mind jumps to delectable dips, fancy finger food, and greasy game day grub! But this year…*Cue depressing violin music and enter sadness* there are 3 people in my household on that dreaded “d-word”. That’s right… diet. So we are going to go with lighter super bowl munchies this year! Stay tuned for every more recipes!
- 8 small jalapeños, halved with stems, core, and seeds removed
- 1 c. Weight Watcher’s brand shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 oz. Greek cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 c. plain cornflakes, crushed
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and shredded cheese. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. worth of cream cheese mixture into each halved jalapeño. Lay on a cookie sheet. Once all jalapeños have been filled, place the pan in the freezer for about 30 minutes (this helps the cream cheese firm up before the egg wash).
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add the whisked egg. In another bowl, add the crushed cornflakes. Take each stuffed jalapeño and dip into the egg mixture. Next, roll in the corn flakes and place on the prepped pan.
- Spray each popper with nonstick cooking spray. Lightly sprinkle tops with salt. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the outside layer begins to brown.
Yields 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!