All of the wonderful flavors of our beloved buffalo chicken dip, but portable and hand-held! These crispy, cheesy appetizers will be the talk of any sports party!
- Buttermilk rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 2 c. of meat)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. Frank’s buffalo sauce
- 2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 oz, packet Ranch seasoning
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 c. Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
- optional: fresh parsley for garnish, ranch dressing for dipping
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, cream cheese, Frank’s, cheeses, and ranch. Mix until well combined.
- Lightly grease a 9×13″ baking dish and transfer the chicken mixture into an even layer into the bottom.
- Place the mixture into the freezer for about 30 minutes until firm.
- Arrange 3 dishes for dredging. In the first bowl add the flour, in the second add the whisked eggs, and breadcrumbs in the third bowl.
- Once the chicken mixture is firm. Cut into mozzarella sized strips, this will vary depending on your casserole dish. My sticks ended up being about 4″ long and 3/4″ wide.
- Heat your oil in a deep pan to about 375*.
- Remember your dry hand and wet hand technique! Begin by coating the sticks in flour and use that same hand to transfer into egg dish. Use your opposite hand to coated the stick in eggs and then transfer to the breadcrumb bowl with that same “wet” hand. Now use your opposite “dry” hand to coat in breadcrumbs.
- Optional: You can choose to do one more round of coating by dipping directly back into the egg mixture and them breadcrumb layer. I personally like the single layer better and it saved more breadcrumbs.
- Place the sticks onto a spoon an gently lower into hot oil. Allow to fry for about 1 minute or until the outside is crispy brown (they float when they are ready too).
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain the excess oil and prevent from getting soggy. Serve warm with ranch dipping sauce.
Yields 20-30 sticks
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!