When Dayne requests a “cheat meal”, I will certainly deliver!
- 12 oz. Velveeta Shells and Cheese (I used bacon variety)
- 16.3 oz. Grands buttermilk biscuits, halved
- 1 lb. bacon
- oil for frying
- Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the package directions and allow to cool until it becomes thick.
- Take a half of a biscuit and use fingers to flatten into a large circle about 4 inches in diameter. Spoon about 1 Tbsp. worth of macaroni into the center and wrap the sides up to enclose it.
- Next wrap one piece of bacon around the biscuit ball. I wrapped it almost all the way around the ball but before it overlapped, I changed the direction about 90* so more of the ball could be covered with bacon. Secure the bacon piece with a toothpick.
- Heat oil to about 350*. Gently lower the mac n cheese balls into the oil and allow to fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and the bacon is crispy.
- Remove and drain on a paper-towel lined plate. Serve warm.
Yields 16 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!