The trick to crispy potato wedges is an ice water bath! The cold water pulls the extra starch out to achieve maximum crisp! Best served with a nice juicy burger hot off the grill and copycat Chick-fil-a sauce!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- salt to taste
- Wash the potatoes to remove any remaining dirt. Cut in half lengthwise and continue to cut each side into about 6-8 wedges. Be sure that the wedges are not too thick or they won’t cook through.
- Transfer the wedges to a large bowl and add water and ice until submerged. Allow the potatoes to soak in the ice bath for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400*. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and lightly spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Dry the wedges thoroughly with paper towels and place in a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Add in the olive oil and seasonings. Toss until all the wedges are lightly coated.
- Arrange the potato wedges in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheets. Be careful not to crowd as the wedges won’t brown as well.
- Bake for 15 min. and then remove from oven and flip the wedges over. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Once browned, sprinkle with salt to taste. Serve warm.
Yields 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!