I am now the proud owner of a handheld zucchini spiralizer! It’s been on my wishlist for the longest time, and Amazon was having a sale! Click here for the link!
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp. sake or rice wine
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 medium -sized zucchini, ends trimmed and made into noodles
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into strips
- salt and pepper
- canola oil
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 c. shredded carrots
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. green onions, diced
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredient and whisk together until smooth
- In a large wok, heat about 2 Tbsp. of canola oil over medium high heat.
- Salt and pepper your chicken breasts liberally. Stir-fry the chicken in batched, do not crowd in order to achieve crispy outside. Place on a plate and set to the side.
- Replenish canola oil and stir fry carrots, green onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Season to taste. Cook for about 2-3 minute or until the mushrooms are soft. Add the chicken back into the pan and pour in sauce (whisk before adding it to the pan). Stir the mixture together and allow to boil, which will thicken the sauce. Once the sauce begins to thicken, add the zucchini noodles and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- The noodles should soften, but you are wanting aldente in which they are still slightly firm.
Yields 2 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!
3 thoughts on “Zucchini Lo Mein”
This looks delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so very much for kind words! I hope your recipe turned out fabulous!