- 2 lbs. raw chicken tenderloin strips
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. Pickled jalapeño slices, diced and drained
- 1/4 c. Sweet onion or diced green onion
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise
- 3 oz. bag real bacon bits
- 1 c. Shredded Colby jack cheese
- 1/2 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- In a large 9×13″ casserole dish, arrange chicken tenderloins and pour a thin layer of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss with hands until evenly coated.
- Cover with foil and bake for approximately 20.
- In a small skillet, use olive oil to brown and cook diced onion. **You can skip this step by using diced green onions instead**
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, jalapeños, onion, mayonnaise, bacon bits, and cheeses. Stir until mixed well.
- Spoon popper mixture onto chicken and spread evenly to all pieces of chicken.
- In a small bowl, toss the crushed ritz cracker in melted butter. Sprinkle cracker topping onto popper chicken.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until popper layer is melted/warmed and cracker topping is slightly browned.
Yields 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!
~ Kate (aka the Swedish Chef)