- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet ranch dressing seasoning
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 c. diced green onions or red onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs
- 8-10 slices pepper jack cheese
- Romaine leaves
- Optional: sour cream, guac, salsa
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except cheese, lettuce, and optional topping. Form into 1/4 c. patties. (Tip: Keep the patties thin to allow adequate cooking)
- Lightly coat the bottom of a nonstop pan with olive oil and warm over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, place patties in hot oil and cook on each side for about 5 minutes. I used a lid to help “steam” the meat so it cooked through.
- Add slice of cheese to top of burgers and replace lid until cheese melts.
- Use lettuce leaves as “buns” and top with condiments.
Yields 8-10 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!