These delightful holiday cookies may have become a new tradition in our household! I first made these cookies for our family Thanksgiving, and they received such high praise I brought them in for my coworkers! Almost everyone was asking for the recipe!
I just recently was introduced to the glorious invention of silicone baking mats, and goodness gracious I have been missing out!! Silpat is one of the most well-known names for high quality silicone baking mats, but my Amazon Basics brand work wonderfully! No more greasing your pans or spray harsh aerosols. Click here for the mats I purchased!
- 3/4 c. salted butter (1.5 sticks), softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 2 cookie sheets w/ slated butter or non stick cooking spray. Silicone baking mats also work wonderfully!
- In a small bowl, use a fork to combine the sugar and orange zest. Set to the side.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine the 1 c. sugar, egg, and softened butter. Beat until creamy.
- Gently stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Fold in cranberries and orange zest. Stir until well incorporated.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form 1 inch dough balls. Roll in zest/sugar mixture and place on prepared baking sheet. Leave about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for approximately 7-9 min. Cookies may appear under-baked, but this keeps them softer for longer. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on rack.
Yields 2 dozen cookies.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!
One thought on “Cranberry Orange Cookies”
🎄Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year!🎄
LikeLiked by 1 person