Look who’s back! I am in disbelief that it has been over a year since my last post, the time flies by so quickly! What better way to celebrate new beginnings than with this quick & healthy dinner? This year is the start of a huge lifestyle change for my husband and I – this is the year we finally get healthy! COVID shutdown was not kind to our health and now it is time to make a change! Stay tuned for some lighter posts as we begin this journey to better futures.
- 13 oz. skinless smoked turkey sausage, chopped into semicircles
- 1 lb. extra large raw shrimp, tails and shells removed
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Emril’s Essence seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1-2 tsp. Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning
- 2 (12 oz.) bags frozen riced cauliflower, steamed according to package directions
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat, brown the smoked sausage until toasted. Remove from the skillet and place to the side. To the same skillet, add olive oil and allow to warm.
- Add onions, peppers, and celery to hot oil and allow to cook down until veggies are tender. Once veggies are desired consistency, add garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until most of liquid is gone. Season with Emril’s and stir until combined. Pour mixture into same container as smoked sausage off to the side.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. butter and allow to warm. While butter is melted, lightly dust shrimp with Slap Ya Mama seasonings. When butter is warn and bubbly, add shrimp and cook until no longer translucent.
- Once shrimp is cooked, add the sausage/veggie mixture and two bags of steamed cauliflower rice to the skillet and stir to combine. Continue stirring and cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes. Season with additional Slap Ya Mama to your liking.
Yields 6 servings | 284 calories per serving
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry! ~Kate